Friday 2 December 2011

111201 Post of the day on Google+

On Michelle Bachmann's 'Teaching only evolution is censorship' 




Rod Brock  -  I wrote something of a diatribe in reply, here, and then lost it somehow in a spastic mouse motion. My own fault for feeling a compulsion to explain/defend myself, when it's not particularly necessary. To those rooted in the real world, it is apparent that she is stupid at best, delusional at worst.

I'll leave you instead with a quote from Robert Browning's "Bishop's Blougram's Apology."

How you'd exult if I could put you back
Six hundred years, blot out cosmogony,
Geology, ethnology, what not...
And set you square with Genesis again,--

This is what she attempts to do. To teach lies and delusion as viable alternatives to truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Google Accounts accepted for comments.