Let me clarify:
- My contribution to CTB under the Council's plans mean that I will be paying an extra $246 per year.
- Set against the £48 the cuts will cost me, this represents bad value for money.
- At 5 times the cost of the cuts, I am subsidising those that can afford to pay.
- The contribution made by those who are not in receipt of CTB will be exactly £0 per year.
- Set against the £48 the cuts will 'cost' then, this represents robbing the poor to pay your own debt.
- By not paying anything to counter the cuts, those that can afford to pay are off-setting their financial losses against those that have nothing.
Seriously! What is wrong with people? How can this be a difficult concept to get your head around?
The poor do not have any money, because they are poor. Cornwall Council thinks that it is the poor that are best suited and funded to bail their national party's mess. Well, let me just say this.
"Over my cold, dead body!"
Explain to me how the poor pay for the entirety of the cuts and those that are not considered poor enough to warrant getting CTB at all pay nothing? NOTHING?
Other posts in the series
- Do you get Council Tax Benefit in #Cornwall? Then bloody well read this and do something about it.
- #Cornwall Council's Cabinet is broken. Not to worry; I've reported it. #BloodFromStone
- #Cornwall Council Cabinet decision gets locals commenting. Not #BloodFromStone at all.
- Idiot quote from #Cornwall Council leader, Jim Currie
Join the Social Network Pages